The third trimester feels… I’m now on my 8th month and I am getting really big. I listed my experiences and thoughts on everything that’s going on. Some are good and some a little inconvenient. Just seems to prove that everything has its up and down huh?
So here’s my list:
- The simple things like – Getting up in bed which is a real struggle and don’t even mention picking things up! And how about trying to tie your running shoes, and how much I miss having pedicures. Also, how about wearing your underwear and fitting in those leggings? And yes, I swaddle now 😦
- Hunger plus gestational diabetes and blood sugar monitoring and the lab tests – is another story.
- Baby kicks are always welcome. They are entertaining as well as a security that everything is all right with our baby. I can even see him move around my belly, those bulges are weird but I am exhilarated whenever they come 🙂
- Sleeping is fine but not ideal. Remember those “sleep on your left side” theory? Well they seem to work until I have a strong spasm on my left side going up and down. Making me lose more sleep than I already have but upon research and the old folks said its simply “lamig” as what we filipinos are very familiar with. And so with a little massage and acete manzanilla… Voila! It gets better. Ooh and a little warm compress helps too.
- And the Braxton Hicks contractions, they seem harmless now with the belly just tightening and bulging up. No pain yet but I am expecting to have it anytime soon.
- Hot or cold. My body temp is out of whack! Sometimes I feel so hot but when the fan is on I feel so cold and vice versa. I’m telling you I’m sweating out cold which I think is the culprit for my “lamig” spasms.
- Peeing all the time. Enough said.
- Nesting. I’m getting things prepared one task at a time. This week I plan to wash the baby’s clothes and pack our hospital bags.
- Read all things pregnancy related. But now my attention is mostly on the “Labor and Childbirth” part because with just a month before D-Day that’s all you’ll think about.
- The thing I most feel hard to deal with: Exercise or “pagpapatagtag” so as to ease the descent of the baby into position. A minimum of 30 minutes a day. It is tiring! Imagine my body’s weight now huhuhu…
With just a little 7 weeks to go, things are getting hard and heavier now but I know that It all will be worth it because in just a few days I’ll be having my baby and I know he’ll be very special and loved. ❤️❤️❤️
By the way a tip for my fellow preggies:
- I read somewhere that eating DATES six times a day four weeks prior to your due date somehow ease the labor process.
- Do Kegel exercises atleast 10 minutes a day to avoid urinary incontinence and to strengthen your pelvic muscles that will help you in pushing the baby out of the birth canal.
- Use a birth ball / gym ball. Sit on it and do forward and sideway hip exercises as this will help to engage the baby in the right position for a normal delivery.
I am definitely trying this and will report of its effectiveness after birth. 🙂
33 weeks and counting… Please pray for us to have a safe delivery and a healthy child.