January. The first month of the year where everyone is given a fresh start, a clean list and everything hopeful…
Since I claimed 2015 to be a more prosperous year, and the year where I’ll really start to build my financial investments I decided to start it with a BANG! At 2013, I bought my first shares of stocks. JFC (Jollibee, my ultimate favorite among my stocks) and to date, it has given me 2 dividends already. And from there, I know that this investment will be something that needs to be hold onto for a long time.
Personally, and well as most of the financial advisors will tell you. You need these things under your belt to be considered, not rich, but financially stable.
1. Emergency Fund – Enough cash to cover unemployment, hospitalization and other “EMERGENCY”.
2. Stocks – Amount you’ll keep and wait to grow, i.e: to serve as your retirement fund.
3. Mutual Funds – Amount you’ll keep and wait to grow, i.e: to serve as child’s education fund and other plans (house, car, vacation)
4. Insurance – To lessen the impact of your accident or demise. (If you’re a breadwinner, your capacity to provide), Money to help your beneficiaries get your assets from the BIR. Usually cost 20% of the asset value.
5. HMO or Health Insurance – Makes you worry free from hospital bills.
I am not saying you are not stable If you do not have these things. But personally, this is how I measure mine. And knowing that I have them makes me sleep very well at night.
- And just this month… I get to open my first mutual fund under PhilEquity – MF Product: PhilEquity Fund… with NAVps price of 37.32 I will wait for a decade or so and see where it’ll take me. But, from research they are performing very well and continually beating the inflation rate. To know more, visit their website: http://www.philequity.net/ or visit their office at the Philippine Stock Exchange East Tower. It will only take you 30 minutes to open an account.
- I also attended Pesos and Sense: Basic Investing Seminar with Mr. Aya Laraya. And it was oh so worth it! You get a detailed information on the different types of investment. Can ask questions and get the answer of a professional financial advisor. You also get to take home a certificate. The venue is in the Philippine Stock Exchange East Tower, Ortigas. (That building is the epitome of financial literacy).
- Back to stocks, I recently purchased other companies such as ALI (Ayala Land), ABS (Abs-Cbn) and LRI (LaFarge).
- And lastly, I joined Bo Sanchez’s Truly Rich Club. He’ll give you a list of stocks that you can buy and give you advice on when to sell, when to buy and when to hold. Plus spiritual readings to help you find peace 🙂
You guys, can make me rich a couple of bucks by joining too – click here: http://bosanchezmembers.com/amember/go.php?r=67847. If you joined through this link, Yehey! Thank you very much!
Hope you learn a thing or two, or simply just become curious enough to research more on this financial terms. My advise is very simple… START NOW!