There’s this thing that Mothers always tell me before…
The Days are Long, But the Years are Short. So enjoy your baby while they’re a “baby”.
Ever since I had Seb, my life has become erratic. A feeling that I am always in a hurry, my eye on what is ahead, imagine a blur and craziness… but as Seb reaches his 6th month (I hope that I am not speaking too soon) I feel that I am now more calm, slow, mellow and at peace. A little dramatic it may sound. But that is my current state, not only as a Mom but as Me.
Why? … A little back story.
On my 37th week of pregnancy, My husband arrived from his work and decided to stay until we have the baby and a few more months to experience parenthood. He’d been with me since day one to the point that I’ve become reliant on him. Too reliant If I am being honest. That’s why the thought of him going away again for work got me really worried on how I will handle the baby alone as a parent. So the feeling of “urgency” has never subsided when he left, It actually escalated.
But I guess reality hit me and made me realize that most women, mothers go through this every single day alone. Without help pa nga. Just herself on her own. So why can’t I? From there, I found myself settling on a routine. And one of the best advice that I can give which I am too hard headed to try before is — To sleep when the baby sleeps. (Before, I use my spare time to check in on my social media accounts. But now I realize that by doing so, I am depriving myself a good and rejuvinating moment, which is more rewarding than spending time online).
Enough of my “side-drama” here’s the update on Seb’s 7th Month this May 7, 2017!
- He can crawl, long strides if he really wants the toy ahead
- He eats cereals and vegetables and fruits (mashed) and drinks water from a sippy cup. i bypassed the water on a bottle as I don’t see the need for it
- He is very expressive and loud! you can tell if he wants or hates something
- Thank God for diaper pants as it saves me the inconvenience of putting taped diapers on him while he toss and turns repeatedly
- He sleeps straight from 8pm-6am with very few waking moments to nurse.
- His gums are showing signs of teething. There’s a white trail where you’ll see the tooth about to come out.
- His poop smells (not cute) 😦
Since it took me more than a month to compose this post, Seb has reached his 8 months already😂 so here’s his 8th month milestones too.
- He can sit and can stay that way almost steadily
- He can stand in his crib. He achieves this position by pulling himself up from sitting
- The boy can cruise in his crib
- He still loves to put everything in his mouth and his grasping of objects has improved too
- He keeps saying the word “abu” and sometimes I think I can hear him say Mommy but that’s yet to be proven and be heard by others for confirmation
- Mommy is thankful for his unchanging sleep schedule of 8pm-6am
- No teeth yet but a lot of razzing sounds and drooling
- Now weighs 9.97 kg and lengths 74cm👍🏼
Time really flies fast. Whoever said this quote totally nailed it! A lot happened during a day. Inbetween his nursing, feeding, morning and noon strolls. To his playtime, daily massages, poop and pee. It may seem routine now but this are all treasured moments…
My favorite part of everyday is when he’s down for the night. I would watch him sleep and cannot resist kissing him causing him too steer a little and make my heart skip a beat that he may wake up hahaha. But really, he is the cutest baby ever especially when asleep.
But not everyday is perfect. His 7-8 month transition had been worrisome to us. the culprit? CONSTIPATION. I would never have thought during my single years that I’ll be waiting and be ecstatic over someone pooping and will never be gross to touch it. (more of this on my next post)
I just regret that I am not able to have a monthly update on his progress. That would have been a very good cheat sheet for the next one. Anyway, this are all for now. See you on my next post.
Back to Mommy duty,