Baby Sebastian is now 5 months and has grown really active to the point of me getting headaches during diaper change moments. Seriously! Ooh, the joys and pain of raising an infant…
Goodbye newborn! Say hello to this easy to please, kinda gullible, pro roller, laughing machine and mommy finding infant. In a few weeks he’ll have Messy eater under his belt too as he will start to eat solids. More of purees I guess.
If this is a game app we’re playing then I have definitely leveled up! Woo Hoo! A little update on how the baby is doing:
- Hair fall happened and so is the Mohawk look.
- Have discovered his toes and tries to pick and put them in his mouth. Weird😑.
- He puts everything in his mouth! Touch and taste it is!
- He screams when he is happy, sad and calling for attention. In different tones.
- Have become so attached to me. (Maybe because we’re EBF so the closeness) He always looks for me and cry when we’re apart. Awww, really sweet and makes me feel really important and loved but this feeling change once he screams for me when I’m in the bathroom😒.
- Is now a very ticklish baby, his laugh is contagious! Real music to Mommy’s ears. Goodbye Spotify!
- Bears weight on legs when positioned for standing.
- Seems to want to be part of everything. FOMO!
- My favorite: Developed a sleeping pattern. From 9pm – 6am. He only wakes up every 4 hours to feed which is easy since we do a sidelying position. I have been getting enough sleep now. Yey!
- Loves the water. He never cries when we bathe him.
- An ideal baby traveler. He either sleeps or just watches the view whenever we’re on a car. When he starts to fuzz we just give him my breast milk.
- Shows signs of teething. He attempts to bite during feedings. The horror😱.
- Tummy time is a whirlwind. He flips and roll and everything in between. We can never leave him unattended now. Ever!
- Mommy’s love to Seb has outgrown her love for herself 👩🏻❤👶🏻
He really is a blessing. Not every moment is all smiles but cliche as it was – With just a single smile, All the hardships and pain fades. – that is the truth.
Closing in our 6th month, we’re now preparing for his solid intake. And so the quest for a high chair, food props and puree recipes has began.
I am overjoyed that Seb is growing fast but also sad that he is. All Mothers know what I mean. The best advice ever? ENJOY EVERY MOMENT.