Don’t you just love surprises?
It has been weeks since I signed up for their free diaper sample ad in Facebook so receiving a package via delivery from JRS really was a surprise. And upon opening it… “Oooh nice!” was my reaction and it came with a big smile and satisfaction.
They sent me diapers both in newborn and small sizes (which I think is well thought of since my baby may have grown much for the newborn size) also they put in the baby wipes for its usefulness in the diaper changing process.
I simply LOVE it.
So for First Time Moms like me, I encourage you to visit EQ Diapers Facebook page and sign up for this freebie as it can really make your day and for a good few minutes veer your mind off your incoming labor pains.
Its wee hours of the morning and I am craving for a fastfood breakfast. I want the egg, the rice, the sausage, the orange juice and hot choco… Huhuhu this craving is coming on a little too late at my 36th week 😭😭😭
It really is the happy and all-changes-occur trimester!
From my weight to breast to bump – all things has double its sizes. Prior to pregnancy, I weigh in at 52 kg but comes my 25th week I have doubled to 64 kg! But I expected that as I mentioned in my first trimester entry that I am under the impression that I need to eat for two. Now I know better huhuhu…
To keep in line with my trimester series, Here are the highlights of my Second Trimester:
- On my 24th week I had my Congenital Anomaly Scan at In My Womb Megamall and we’re very thankful that all is well with our baby.
- Gender reveal. I have learned of the baby’s gender as early as 18 weeks but didn’t shared it to anyone until 21 weeks as I want to have my husband with me during the ultrasound for him to personally see that it definitely is a BOY!
- Thinking out the baby’s name. From Lucas, to Noah, to Adam, to my husband’s junior until we came up with SEBASTIAN (The name Sebastian is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Sebastian is: Venerable; revered, respected and honored). And so we’ll soon see our son SEBASTIAN CASTANEDA HAMOY aka SEB.
- On my 28th week, the secret is out that I have a history of Diabetes from my parents and so the request for Oral Glucose Tolerance Test and the result is: Borderline to having Gestational Diabetes.
- As I am energetic at the time, we decided to have a hospital tour to familiarize ourselves of the place where I plan to give birth. See Clinica Antipolo Hospital Tour. but nearing my due date, I am thinking to have my childbirth at Manila East Medical Center instead as it is nearer our house. Anyway I promise to put either one’s services once I am done with labor.
- The bump shows! from peach to papaya that’s how they describe the baby’s growth and so comes the huge bump. From my ultrasounds my doctor tells me that baby is one week larger for his size, and so comes the verdict to DIET 😦 Oh, and comes with the growing baby bump is my struggle to sleep.
- Stretchmarks. They creep in at my 27th week huhuhu.
- I had a mini scare when I reached my 17th week as I experienced light spotting (brown color – old blood) and abdominal cramps. My doctor gave me UTROGESTAN which is a progesterone for baby’s “pampakapit” I used it vaginally for a week. I also went immediately to have an ultrasound and thankful that after 3 days the spotting went away and the baby’s heartbeat is good.
Yes, the changes turns 360 degrees but I am happy with all of it as this proves that the pregnancy is progressing well. I have immensely enjoyed my happy trimester thanks to that energy zap. And now as I am presently experiencing my 3rd trimester I’ll say its not so bad, but the waiting and countdown really is a distraction. To be thankful or dread it, that I’ll say both 🙂
A first time for everything!
I am blessed to part of the few who had it easy in their first trimester. For a first time mom I am very thankful that I surpassed such pregnancy phase without much problems or aches. I’ll say it wasn’t much of a physical but rather it impacts more of my thoughts (the reason I wrote: Thoughts of a First Time Mom)
It took me close to 2 months to really grasped the reality of my pregnancy as there really are very minimal symptoms to begin with. I took me not just one (which isn’t so great, see: My Disappointing First Ultrasound) but two visit to different doctors before we’re able to confirm my pregnancy. See: Our Honeymoon Baby is here! but after that everything runs in smoothly.
Here are the highlights of my First Trimester:
- The baby is here!!! First time to see that little embryo in my uterus and first time to hear the baby’s heartbeat and knowing the expected due date. A little trivia: My husband’s birth date is October 10 and mine is October 15th. So the baby fits just right in the middle. 🙂 at October 13.
- Lazy like Crazy. I will just sleep and sit all day. I didn’t do anything all day and yet I feel so exhausted every night.
- I ate everything. I was still under the impression that I should eat for two and so I did. Good thing is I am never picky and I have no any food cravings. I just eat whatever I want and everyone seems happy to give and cook meals for me. (Now in my third trimester, I realize that those foods are pure evil! hahaha, all carbs and sugar huhuhu).
- Sore and heavy breast. This is a symptom that I really felt. A sure and one of the first real signs of being pregnant, that I can guarantee. My poor 32B breast before has really grown and my pretty bras were not able to keep up and so as early as 3 months I am using a seamless maternity bra that seems to shrink every week. My solution? I bought a bra extender and It was heaven!
- Read. I began to read everything pregnancy related. The most useful is the What to expect when you’re expecting book, it has all the details I need in every questions I have. Also I installed several mobile applications that I check every week for my baby’s progress.
- Few throw-ups. Up until my third trimester I had throw up a total of 4 times and the thing is, once I throw up a specific food I never want to eat it again. So now, I have 4 viands that I can’t eat.
- I have submitted all the requirements and compiled the others in one folder for my Maternity benefits so as to avoid the hassle in the future. See Documents needed for your maternity benefits.
During those times, I am really excited to enter my 2nd trimester as they described it as the “happy and energetic” trimester and based from my experience? It really was.