DIY (Do-It-Yourself) has always been a lifesaver. Granted that you follow instructions these comes in cheap and handy. And so let me give a few ones. (They’re really few as I have yet to look for more. The useful, the better. right?) and so please bear with me with the few things that I’ve come up with as of writing this entry.
1. MUG and SHARPIE.
Grab a teacup and a Sharpie marker, write a message on the cup and bake for 30 minutes at 350 F to make the writing permanent.
2. HAVE YOUR OWN ENVELOPE.
Get a magazine / old map, then fold it in like that of an envelope and voila! be sure to have an awesome sticker to close it.
****** NATURAL D.I.Y – BEAUTY REGIMENS ******
3. USES OF HONEY AS A BEAUTY REGIMEN.
- Create your own hair pack: Use honey and mix it up with olive oil and apply it in your locks, Keep it on for some time and then wash it off. This will add a shine to them.
- To make your own wax to get rid of that unwanted hair: one teaspoon of honey, one tablespoon of sugar, and a few drops of lemon juice. Beat it into a smooth paste, then heat in the microwave for 3 minutes. Check on the temperature if it isn’t too hot. Apply it on the area you want _in the same direction as the hair growth). Take a cloth, place it on top and pull in the opposite direction.
- Have your own face mask: Squeeze 1/2 lemon in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of honey then mix them until it turns to a liquid consistency. Apply all over the face, avoiding the eye area. Leave for 15-20 minutes then rinse.
- Have your own face mask: Whisk together one tablespoon of an egg white and one and 1/2 teaspoons of honey. Next, pat the blend onto your face and let it set for 15 minutes (you should feel a tightening effect). Finally, rinse with warm water and a washcloth.
4. FOR YOUR HAIR.
- Mix together 1 egg, 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Apply the mixture to dry hair and wrap a hot, moist towel around your head. Relax for 5 to 10 minutes. Without wetting hair first, work in a handful of shampoo, then rinse and condition your hair.
- Before showering, comb several tablespoons of “light” olive oil through hair, working from roots to ends. Cover hair with a shower cap. After showering for 5 to 7 minutes, remove the cap. Shampoo, rinse, and condition as usual. Your hair will feel super soft after.
- Whisk one egg yolk, one teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil, and one teaspoon of honey together in a small bowl. Using a fork, mash in 1/2 of an avocado. Then, while you’re in the shower, apply the paste first to your ends and then all over your hair. Let it soak into your strands for 15 to 20 minutes, rinse it out, shampoo, and then rinse again.
5. YOUR OWN FACE MASK.
Peel and slice a ripe kiwi, then mash the flesh thoroughly with a fork. With circular motions, work the kiwi paste onto a damp, clean complexion, avoiding the eye and lip areas. After 30 to 60 seconds of scrubbing, rinse skin with warm water and pat dry.
6. MAKE UP REMOVER.
Use Olive Oil as Eye makeup remover: Dab a few drops onto a cotton ball, and then swipe it over your eyes to gently wipe off your makeup. Bonus: It serves as a great moisturizer, so no need to rinse it off.
Too easy right, you can do it on your own at your own space and time. No need to make it perfect the first time. To get the concept is what’s more important. But then after a few tries, you should have improved right?
I’m gonna DO-IT-MYSELF! tribobot 🙂